A HISTORY OF BRINGING THE VIEWER INTO THE ACTION...
This Side Up Productions has been involved with innovative camera technologies since its inception in 1994. The company has continued to develop and perfect the ultralight aerial FlyCam following its incredible debut in February 1998 during the Papal Visit in Mexico City.
Pat Hally, the founder and president of This Side Up Productions originally worked with inventor Garrett Brown to develop the tracking camera systems used in the 1996 Summer Olympics in Atlanta (see www.Garrettcam.com). Conceived soon after the Atlanta Games as a high-speed point-to-point flyer combining the best features of Garrett’s ground and aerial systems, FlyCam entered the television history books with that 500 foot flight over the Popemobile and has since drawn raves for super-close, dynamic coverage of sporting events and concerts on six continents. FlyCam has flown over nearly every sport imaginable, capturing some of the most awe-striking moments in modern memory. With technology at it’s most impressive today, FlyCam has had the opportunity to help shape the movies you watch, the sports you root for, and the commercials you fast forward through.
Having changed the way we watch sports in the 21st century, This Side Up Productions will continue to bring the viewer into the action.
幸运飞艇开奖现场直播结果 is a closed loop, stabilized tracking camera system, driven by a motor/pulley combination.
Motor Power – Drives FlyCam Skate – 208v Three-Phase 30 Amp power.
Camera Power – On-Board Lithium Ion batteries
Mounting – The pulley and motor/receiver can take place on pop-up towers, truss (supported via guy wires) and/or existing structures on site (eg. Catwalks, I-beams, Ski Lift Tower, Cranes, Concrete Columns).
Video & Film Options
- Video – Sony P1 camera mounted in FlyCam’s custom stabilized remote head.
- Film – Libra Head & LIbra Head Mini for use with most film camera options. (ie. Red Camera, Arri Alexa, Arri Alexa Mini… Etc.)
Data & Control Transmission Options
- RF – The data commands that control pan, tilt, and paint functions are sent to the camera via RF link. In this configuration, we are able to reach speeds of 100 mph and to date have reached a distance of 4000 ft.
- Fiber Optic – FlyCam is also capable of transmitting via specially designed fiber optic cable. In this configuration, we are able to reach speeds of 55mph and limited to a distance of 1000 ft.
Loading & Specifications
- Camera weight 38 lbs – 17.23Kg
- Synthetic cable rope (per 1000 ft) – 14 lbs (6.35 Kg)
- Tension of camera support cable is typically 400 lbs to 800 lbs (181.4 Kg – 362.8Kg)
- Break strength of support cable greater than 12,000 lbs (5443.1 Kg)
- Outer diameter of the support cables are 1/4 inch (6.35mm)
- FlyCam yields safety ratios that typically exceed 15:1
- 0 – 60 mph (0 – 96.5 kh) in 6.6 seconds
SOME CLIENTS WE'VE WORKED WITH
FLYCAM USA DEMO REEL
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
A. A straightforward and accessible venue can be rigged for FlyCam in as little as a 10 hour day. Two days is common for more complex events. Adverse terrain or conditions may require more time (ie. Unions, weather, permits).
A. Logistics, length of event, locations, as well as complexity of the shot, will have to be factored in to be able to issue you an accurate quote. Email us the particulars of your proposed shot to receive a preliminary estimate.
A. Depending on complexity and logistics, a typical FlyCam shot requires between three and five crew members per system.
A. Depending on the rigging requirements, FlyCam ships in as little as 30 cases weighing, at minimum, 1400 pounds. It can be delivered overland via a small trailer or shipped inexpensively by airfreight.
A. FlyCam only weighs 38 lbs and typically operates at tensions between 50 and 800 lbs, depending on the ‘flatness’ of the cable. This yields safety ratios that typically exceed 15:1. (For reference, previous cable-camera systems weigh over 200 lbs and deploy at tensions as high as 15,000 lbs!)
A. 幸运飞艇开奖现场直播结果’s top speed is above 100mph in venues where the cable length provides room for acceleration and deceleration. The average indoor shot seldom exceeds 25 mph.
A. 幸运飞艇开奖现场直播结果 typically flies 300 to 750 feet. Our longest span to date is a world record 3,827 feet.
A. FlyCam frequently uses existing structures. Because the FlyCam is so small and light, the tensions placed upon buildings or other structures are considered trivial and easily comply with municipal and national codes.
A. Yes. Towers, light cranes and rigging set-ups are available to accommodate various lengths, tensions, heights, and configurations.
A. Tower or crane heights vary depending on minimum lens height, length of run, selected tension and gradient of the terrain. They typically range between 30 and 60 feet above ground.